Customer:Coinco – Coin Acceptors, Inc (Coinco) is a world leader in design and manufacturing of payment solutions for automated point of sale industries across the globe.
LM Technologies Ltd developed a blackberry application for Coinco which can collect the audit information from a coin payment system (Coin-Changer) used in Vending machines via Bluetooth.
- Wireless collection of audit data, no need to open the machine and insert data readers.
- Bluetooth provides authentication for secure data transfer.
- Fast processing of data from handheld device. The saved file can be emailed instantly.
- Audit data can be collected can be configured from long range (50 m).
- Works with all Coinco products.
LM Technologies Ltd Product Used
- LM048 Bluetooth Serial Adapter
- LM048 Bluetooth Serial Printer Adapter (SPA)Software Development Services
- LM Technologies Ltd proposed using LM048 or LM048SPA adapter to work with Coinco’s Coin Changer machines.
The adapters provide the following advantages:
- Small size, so the adapter can fit discreetly in the vending machine
- Long range (100 m in open space)
- Convenient to Power (5V supply) from Pin 9 of DB9 connector
- Low CostView
The blackberry application utilises the vending industry standard DEX UCS protocol to read the audit data from coin changer. The acquired data is then stored in the phone in either the phone memory or memory card in a text format ready. This file can be then transferred or emailed to a PC for further processing by backend software.A snapshot of the application in operation is shown in the below figure. The application shows the status messages to show the current operation. The application can work with LM048/LM058 or LM048SPA adapters